I am thankful for all of you who took the time and effort to link this challenge and those of you who replied to it in the comments section.
I am posting the entries for the TPS#38 that was posted on the 21st of April. I plan to give 10 days for you guys to take up the challenge and then link the replies the Saturday after next. This week’s challenge, if you’re interested, can be found here.
Last week’s phrase was –
“I held the glass before my eyes……”
The replies (in no particular order)
- Indira – “to avoid those prying eyes.”
- Ellen – “but still it was dark as night, not a flicker beckons me as I blindly stumble, and leave the room.”
- 10000hoursleft – “and wrapped my fingers around it as she had done, awkward angles with my longer fingers bent to conform as I melded our fingerprints, briefly smudging reality, her hand in mine in her final moments.”
- Deuxiemepeaux – “…and saw, in its reflection, the past shattering into pieces on the floors of places I can no longer reach.”
- Denmaniac54 – and lo the lens did make me wise, beyond my years, beyond my fears, I saw into each of my lies.”
- Jane – “…and saw the door behind me open slowly, felt the air grow chill, but there was no one there.”
- Doug – “possibly the only remnant of her controversial and last sculpture.”
- LionAroundWriting – “and I spent the rest of my life like that, unsure if it was half full or half empty.”
- Ted – “…and my eyes were singed by the last drop of straight vodka.”
- AmyRose – “mesmerized how my eyes now bug eyed reminding me of a frog I just the other day mercy killed having inadvertantly chopped his leg off with my garden spade.”
- Amy – ” I remember the first time I saw your face.”
- Neel – “mulling whether to ease my pain in one gulp or drown in my sorrows, sip by sip.”
- Victo – “…and saw the finger prints that would lead us to the perpetrator.”
- BorderlineMed – “and for the first time saw how the crystal disfigured his otherwise handsome features. Was this the real him?”
- William Lee – “and stared, mesmerized at the sight of the world through the amber liquid, then with a violent shake of my head, slammed the shot and hurled the glass to the hearth! ; )”
- ProsperMind – “turning my world into a sea of red.”
I have tried to include every entry, but if I have missed someone, please point it out in the comments and I’ll say sorry like a nice person and add the missing response.